Comment on page
Acceptable Use Policy
This is the official policy that regulates what the service is acceptable for use. Every user who wishes use it must fully accept this policy.
- 1.The Discord bot MoonlightBot#9699 (
- 2.The Discord bot MoonlightBot beta#8328 (
- 3.The Discord bot MoonlightBot test#1483 (
- 4.The Discord bot MoonlightBot Premium#6780 (
- 5.The Discord server Moonlight Labs (
- 6.The Discord server MoonlightBot logging facility, whose ID is not disclosed for privacy reasons
- That time and resource have been invested in the creation and development of the service;
- That multiple users (commonly referred in this doc as "peers") are using the service at the same time;
- That there are people working on the service to continue improving it and making it more advanced; more reliable and expanding it to more users;
- That our service may contain user-generated content;
- 1.Harassing, stalking, threatening, doxxing, shaming or otherwise defacing people.
- 2.Distributing any kind of malware through the use of the service.
- 3.Advertising services/products of any kind.
- 4.Circumventing tools that allow users to protect themselves (such as Discord blocks/bans)
- 5.Engaging in fraudulent activities or harmful to other users.
- 6.Attempting to collect personal data (including but not limited to e-mail addresses, passwords and tokens) of users.
- 7.Anything that inducts the service to violate the Discord Terms of Service or Community guidelines.
- 1.Attempting to make the service (or any part of it) unavailable to peers.
- 2.Attempting to decompile, modify, exploit, sell, resell or reverse-engineer any part of the service.
- 3.Circumventing security measures that allow the service to be available for everyone.
- 4.Hindering the development or modification of the service in any way, either active or passive.
- 5.Acting or omitting actions to put or maintain the service in a state which would disfavor the service itself in terms of quality or useability, either for the actor itself or to peers.
The service lets their users upload, post or transmit user-generated content. Any user-generated content is not endorsed by us and we neither are responsible for it. If you feel any user-generated content residing in our service violates this policy, please report it to our Staff.
Owners of user-generated content may request the deletion of said content by reaching out our staff. We will try our best to remove said data in the shortest amount of time possible.
The service allows authorized users to issue so-called "infractions" that are stored in our database. Infractions do not represent any endorsement from the service. Infractions may contain user-generated content, which is property of the infraction issuer. Infractions are not intended to be used to harass, stalk people, advertise or be used maliciously against the user who the infraction is issued to or any other entity, including loss of reputation.
Staff has the final say on whether an infraction breaks this policy. Staff deserves the right to investigate on abusive infractions, could it be by request by the user, by automated alerts, or by witnessing.
Informal note: Staff may not remove infractions just because they were unfair. Your server, your rules. For example, if the moderators of a server ban you even if you didn't break any rules of their server we won't get involved unless they break any term of this policy. If possible, check out individual server rules/policies to sort the case out with them.
MoonlightBot premium is a subscription-based service, meaning that an user pays to access the features rather than being billed by usage.
For server-wide subscriptions (that require activation of a key), it is required for the server representative to be in the MoonlightBot support server all the time, and they may not disrupt communication with Staff if requested to do so.
If one desires to cancel their subscription, they may do so by unsubscribing from Patreon. Unorthodox cancellation methods (like blocking the payment from PayPal or other payment provider) will be treated as fraud.
Once cancelled, the premium benefits cease to be available immediately. It is abuse to perform using any premium-restricted action beyond the date of cancellation.
Premium subscription may be refunded in case of unavailability of the service due to force majeure causes, or in case the user is unsatisfied with the service. Refund requests are to be filed within 14 days from the purchase, unless it's a force majeure reason.
The following examples are invalid refund request reasons:
- Being put under limitations that alter the normal functioning of the service (being blacklisted, banned from the support server, etc.) imposed by the service itself
- Voluntarily not using premium services despite having access to them
- Retaliation against the service or any person involved with it
The Staff deserves the right to accept or decline any refund request based on possibility of fraud, or violations of this policy committed by an user.
As the user uses the service or make any claims to us, we assume good faith in their word or actions, and shall not be broken by their side. Repeatedly making false claims or breaking this assumption is grounds for termination.
If you believe an action taken on you or on your server, you may appeal within 7 days from the issuance of the action.
The appeal is intended to be used to review your case for mistakes from the staff. If you are confirmed to have violated this policy, chances are your access will not be reinstated.
To appeal, please DM a Staff member on the support server, specifically, a well-written appeal should include:
- Any server ID involved in the process
- How did your behavior not violate the policy?
- Why should we trust you to not do it again?
- What will you bring to positively enhance the MoonlightBot community
- Additional evidence such as screenshots, server invites, message links, or any media in favor of your view
The Staff is not entitled to publicy disclose any evidence of the violation, nor the reason of rejection of the appeal.
You can only appeal once, and the Staff decision is final.
The more complete, polite and respectful your appeal is, the more likely it will be accepted.
Our Staff deserves the right to terminate or restrict your use of the service (or parts of) for any reason at any time, without prior warning or further notice.
We deserve the right to refuse the use of the service (or parts of it) to anyone.
Ability to use this service is a privilege, use it wisely.
A violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is considered to be committed regardless of any countermeasures (whether enacted or hypothetical) taken by the service to nullify or reduce the damage caused by the violation.
We always encourage our users to collaborate with the Staff to improve their experience (and consequently their peers') with the service.
Always keep in mind that this document is not exhaustive, and we deserve to make any change to it without warning or notice, though we will always try our best to inform users through non-intrusive means if this happens. If something is not listed in those rules it does not mean you're allowed to persevere in that conduct.